Saturday, November 03, 2007

Welcome, Defamer Readers

Hello, all you intrepid Defamer readers.

If you're still lounging around after reading about the interesting stylistic similarities between "Beowulf's" marketing campaign with "300," I salute you. And also question your sanity.

You'll find a lot of articles about visual effects techniques (I'm a visual effects artist at Industrial Light & Magic; I was a sequence supervisor on "Transformers" and "Mission: Impossible III"), filmmaking, sound design, Stephen Colbert and "The Daily Show," Apple, and a whole lot more. All in all, just a lot of good, clean fun, interspersed with questionable grammar and the occasional spelling error.

Make yourself at home. Leave a comment, while you're at it. In the end, I just hope you have a good time.

And if you're really in the mood to puke, go to my home page, or my IMDb page.

3 comments:

Kevin Williams said...

Todd,

I do enjoy reading your articles. I found your thoughts on Stealth (a movie I didn't even consider watching) to be dead on. Also, you analysis of improper camera shake made a lot of sense.

Even though my background is in design and animation, the process of analysis that VFX artist follows is applicable to every area of art.

Keep writing - I'll keep reading.

Bla said...

I second that.

Ahim said...

this blog is really interesting!