Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol"


I can't tell you how happy I am that the early reviews of Brad Bird's "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" are so positive.  We worked very hard on this picture, and Bird was an ingenious and gracious collaborator.

Industrial Light and Magic provided the film's visual effects, supervised by John Knoll, with Lindy DeQuattro as our associate visual effects supervisor. I served as the film's compositing supervisor.

The project was an exhilarating creative experience for me, and I hope I'll be able to talk more about it in future posts.

Oh, and if you plan on seeing the film, try to make it to an IMAX screening.  Several of the film's big action sequences were filmed with IMAX cameras, which includes lots of ILM effects work as well.  It will be worth the extra effort.

2 comments:

The Last Ephor said...

Did you go to Dubai or was your work all domestic?

Todd Vaziri said...

Duffy - not me. I stayed in the U.S.A. for the show. But we had a few ILMers on every location, including Dubai.